Monday, March 31, 2008

Fuzon....!!!!!


Some times I feel they are possessed... otherwise how can some one make music so serene and magical. I remember my colleague and my soul icon in music, Karthik, telling me the same about Ilayaraja sir once when we were driving back from work :). I would have never created SERENITY with out getting kicked by his awesome blog http://www.itwofs.com/.. Thanks a million Karthik :) you are an amazing individual...

Don't remember clearly when I got addicted to Fuzon. I just used to listen to their 'Saagar' on and off.It was my trip to Mumbai this Jan and ya that lovely beach house in Dhanu when Kichu was playing Saagar from his cell that I was reminded of them again. Thanks to him and thanks to those wonderful memories....

Since then for the last three months there was not even a single day which faded... with out me listening to their tunes. There is something about them; something about the music and the raagas that will drag you towards it and make you cling on to it for the rest of your life. ...thats Fuzon for you..

Its true that I really really miss the intensity and depth of Shafqat's stunning voice.. but I honestly wish Rameez Mukhtar a sparkling stint with the band!!!! 'Neend na aaye' from 'Journey' is simply superb... though the greedy mind in me heard it on youtube much before the album released in India when Shafqat was performing it on stage:) some where in his country :) and just couldn't help comparing the two.. But at the end of it they are my favourites and I will always wish them loads of luck and many more successes... You guys are fantabulous....


'Ankhon ke saagar'- Saagar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBw17pNevdM&NR=1

'Mora saiyyan '- Saagar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9_fji0XeUw

'Neend na aaye'- Journey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-dtDS_sts


“Since I grew tired of the chase…..And search, I learned to find….
And since the wind blows in my face…I sail with every wind….
The return makes one love the farewell….”

No comments: