Monday, February 23, 2009

‘Rahmania’ beckons!!!!!!!!

Was waiting for the moment… “and yes the Oscar goes to”… I was holding my breath.. was on my toes.. Screamed out of joy when I heard them take his name.. Was waiting for this day to write something about the much much much acclaimed..criticized…talked about movie and the legendary behind ‘Jai ho’. Many of us felt it is not his best composition…but for me it was the grand entry he had to the world of Oscars… making us all proud… yes he is priceless… not just a million or trillion… just priceless…blessed..and divine! Was fortunate enough to see him receive the award out there.. felt that I was right there…even though miles away.. felt like I won ..every music lover would have felt the same..

The movie was so well made.. again perceptions vary! For me if ARR is there…it just can’t go wrong. Kind of addiction I say..lol. Music that haunts you.. music that grows in you influencing and touching every bit of you..music that touches your soul..music that stands out ..that is ARR magic.

It is a dream…which I have been cherishing ever since I have heard his creations..to meet him once and then come what may… I will be fine. Those years of growing up listening to Roja..till present.. when I went and watched movies like ‘Yuvvraaj’ (sighhh) just for his music… no regrets but..A man who needs no introduction..a man of few words..but whose music speaks volumes.. have almost all his compositions which I keep listening to time and again..

"All my life I had a choice between hate and love. I chose love and I am here," said Rahman after receiving his second golden statuette…that’s the very unique thing about him.. ending his first acceptance speech in Tamil.. Saying that my mom is here I have her blessings.. this day and this award ceremony has given a million more reasons to look up to him..the astounding musician and the unbelievably amazing human being…

The world has known..India is not just about stinking slums and dark realities of life ..but yes we have people like you and we are priceless..There is a much brighter and better side to us..Yes..like the choice you made in life..of choosing love over hatred.. hope all the people out there follow suit.. Keep composing..keep amazing the world for another million years to come..stay blessed!!! Touch Gold :)

“Whatever deceptions life may have in store for you, music itself is not going to let you down.. Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was an all time high to watch him perform live there at the oscars....feel truly blessed to have been born in his era :)and his first composition ROJA..the title track ....would love to breath my last listening to it :)

prasanth Gulfu said...

Jia ho...............

Anonymous said...

In the end, he said.."Ella Pugazhum Iraivanukey" in Tamil.

Which was Wonderful!

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

Yes...Swear he is one gem of a person.. so down to earth.. there is nothing superfitial about him and his music.. it just heals hearts n hurts :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard that Music can be Healing and Heartening. But Hurting?

Maybe it conveys separation in a relationship so well, like "Kadhal Rojavey" in the film 'Roja'.

You should start listening to Heartening and Healing Music more and more than the hurting ones coz it would bring in associated memory patterns, which might have the Mercury Dipping.

Be Affectionately Detached from everything, even from the ones you love and see how easy and happy life gets.

Found these lines apt here...."Thamarai Izhai Meil Thannir Pol Otti Ottamal Iru"

Jean said...

Hi SJC, I came across ur blog due to 3 reasons; ARR, musik and Karthik!
I'm a curious follower of Milliblog and itz tweets plus itwofs.com.
Your blogs are cool mainly because of the versatality of the subjects with a hint muzik!
You are doing a good job and keep the good work.