Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Unwind!!!

“Khabar Nahi” song from ‘Dostana’ will let your mind wander…where you just let yourself free and helps you unwind.. It is a beautiful composition by my favourite duo Vishal and Sekhar. I would not say that the entire album has the same mood. Again choices differ..But yes the marvellous “Khabar Nahi” and the peppy and cheerful “Jaane kyon” will leave a smile on your face :)
I have always loved Vishal- Shekhar’s compositions. They are very contemporary and rejuvenating. Something that is so unique about them! The song has been given life by Amanat Ali, Shreya Ghoshal, Vishal (the creator himself) and am wowed again. Anvita Dutt’s amazing lyrics actually oozes soul to the song. It is a lovely track and you can just go on listening to it for a long time...

It will just make you feel fresh where you let go off so many things.. almost all the excess emotional baggage that many of us carry along with us . The song is just about believing in your dreams and how life can be made simple. Once I had mentioned..simplest things are often the most beautiful things.. it is very true! Amanat has got an unbelievable voice and I have always followed all his shows.. Shreya as always is ‘Mishti doi’ for me..

‘Dostana’ will make you smile and believe in your dreams and just make the most of the time you have here.. I remember reading Chetan Bhagat’s lecture at Symbiosis where he said.. “One thing about nurturing the spark - don't take life seriously. Life is not to be taken seriously, as we are really temporary here. We are like a pre-paid card with limited validity. If we are lucky, we may last another 50 years. And 50 years is just 2,500 weekends. Do we really need to get so worked up? It's ok, bunk a few classes, goof up a few interviews, fall in love. We are people, not programmed devices…” I second this thought anytime…

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/hindi_bollywood/s/movie_name.10040/

“It's the circle of life, and it moves us all, through despair and hope, through faith and love, 'till we find our place, on the path unwinding”
PS : Govind kuttaaa..I love this pic of yours and love you even more for reasons unknown..nothing better I could find that would have completed this post :) Love you...chechi!

3 comments:

Man In Desert said...

HI

I do agree that music can make things smoother, is that true to understand that whatever the classic we have at the moment.

The whole picture of the world it self is disturbed, dont you think that most of the pop singers are crying inside,,,,,,,,,,i leave this here have it here

Anonymous said...

hmmm u make me search for music..now i havent heard ths songs but i sure wil search for it..u sure have a way with words btw..

G o v i n d said...

Chechi...jus reading that compelled me to listen to dostana all over !
:)
and yeh...
the pic actually goes with this poem i wrote..

read it n get bak to me aite :)

I was sinking low and deep -
A little tired, a little sad.
Fighting to stay afloat... fighting to live...
To accept what seemed like
A grey world, a grey reality and a grey sky.
So many things laying off in the past
seemed so much of a dream within a dream..
Their wrinkled image blurred in time's fleeting river.
So many things which had slipped away,
So many things wearing a changed look now..
The shroud of illusion
in which I had built a small world
Was suddenly removed.
Leaving me a a little bruised.
My faith - a bit shaken...
My beliefs - crashed against a dangerous cliff.
I was a little weary..wiser maybe...
But I didn't want to learn
So much
So fast.