Friday, August 29, 2008

MAGIK !!!!!!!

I just could not help writing this… It is just that am way too carried away by my emotions after watching the musical extravaganza ROCK ON. I never knew I would be lucky enough to watch ROCK ON premiere…

I got back home late in the night humming “Ye tumhari meri baatein” taking along with me a positive message… one that will keep me going for long… may be forever…till I get done with my time here… Music has been something that has always helped me get going… and yes the simple yet amazing script just got my eyes wet every now and then throughout the movie.. It is something only music can do to you…

Joe, Aditya, Rob and KD and their MAGIK (the band) will take you through a lot of emotions where you just will be feeling nothing but music at the end of it all. Farhan’s magical voice has done wonders. But yes my personal favourite from the entire album is “Ye tumhari meri baatein” by Dominique Cerejo...she is just unbelievably talented I must say…. The trio… Shankar Ehsaan and Loy have proved once again that they are just THE BEST…..

The movie has made me do a thorough research on Rock music…a genre where am totally clueless about the technicalities involved.. hats off to all the Iron Maiden’s and Aerosmith’s of the world….Need to know a lot more… every single day is a learning here..In this world of music.... and I just love it!!!


MAGIK- creates magic around… when they perform.. and when they get on to the stage live after a hiatus of ten years… you just feel elated… on top of the world.. When all your senses are just tuned into them…when you know Music is what feelings sound like….


There are times in your life when you pause and think that…it would have been better to have met a person in your dreams; than to wake up and reach out for hands that are not there…The positivity ROCK ON brings on to the table is amazing… Life does give you a second chance… You are never too old to dream a new dream or set another goal..all you need to do is to believe in yourself and believe in what you feel… rest will be taken care of! And that is exactly what it says. It is never too late to follow your dreams….so…ROCK ON….
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

5 comments:

Karthik S said...

Lovely review, dying to see the film now!

Bharath said...

very well written..Need to check this movie out..Now that its has spurred an interest in the genre of Rock..you know where you need to come for a lot of eclectic scores :) Quite a few genres that have inspired me, which i would love to tell you about :) Keep writing!!

infinity said...

You are young and life is long

And there is time to kill today

And then one day you find that

Ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run

You missed the starting gun
..........gud review.....

prasanth Gulfu said...

I would like to clear my view on one point, Rock on songs for me are not so rocking… Shankar essan and loy should have done some research before composing these songs. It’s neither rock nor classical. It’s not true any tom can sing rock songs. Farhan akther sounds sour. The director should have used some foreign music director for this film. Its sad to see plagiarism been appreciated..2008 will be remembered for plagiarism in Hindi film industry, 90 % of pritam’s songs are direct lift. ‘Race’ was a clear example that he visits koren youtube. Sing is king is clearly inspired by ‘we will we will rock you’,and kismet konncetion has my boss’s all time hit ‘Ottagathe kettiko’ refurnished .

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

Farhan's voice is real I feel...not that sophisticated stereotyped one :) What I like about the movie is just the very message it conveys... so my mind just asked me to let go off all other technicalities involved :)just music and nothing else...