Friday, October 10, 2008

Convinced!!!!

Sometimes you just refuse to give up.. no matter what ever happens.. that’s when songs like this help you a lot. Am talking about “Ye honsla” from “Dor” which I have been listening to time and again of late. The song has always been my favourite. But yes, life has given me more reasons to love it even more and listen to it a lot more…It will make you believe in that mirage in the desert :)

The movie was amazing too..but I still love the Malayalam version of it “ Perumazhakkalam” by Kamal sir and M Jayachandran’s music was serene and intense. “Ye honsla” apparently is inspired by the authentic music of Rajasthan and it has that rural folk feel to it. Shafqat’s voice will haunt you forever.. and you just will make up your mind.. I am not giving up!!! No matter what… and not regret it a bit …


Life gives you enough reasons to feel bogged down at times. But I feel it’s all up to you to take it in the right spirit. It’s easy to give up and sulk..but the very thing about life is to stand for yourself and believe in yourself and in what you feel… “Ye honsla” is poignant..it will just help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.. see a new sunrise every time you feel dejected with the sunsets in your life!


The wonderful blend of flute.. dhapli..ektara makes the song very intense and soothing. Salim Sulaiman have done a marvelous job and the so close to life lyrics by Mir Ali Husain makes the song unique. The whole album is amazing and “Ye honsla” remains my personal favourite because of the very positive message it conveys followed by “Kesariya balam” which is equally soulful…

Let’s not give up.. Let’s accept the fact that life would have been different if things were fine..but let’s just refuse to say that life could have been better…
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=D91yJVAJOGA&NR=1

“I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day…”

1 comment:

prasanth Gulfu said...

kollam..... Kadha kelkan naan ready aayi....:)