Saturday, November 8, 2008

One for the "serene"one!!!

It was one usual day for me…till I realized that it was his birthday... Mejo ettan did ask.. and yeah we were right…How could I forget even otherwise..Last year this time… How I heard him sing over the phone “ Azhage Sukhama” and how I was left speechless. Srinivas Sir is an amazing human being… an unbelievably talented singer..a blessed soul…. I was lucky enough to get a call from him again today…one year after I first spoke to him..I wish my service provider had some facility where I could save received calls just for the 7th of November 2008, for the rest of my life…lol…silly me again..but yeah quite lucky…

“Zindagi” has hit my senses already..and when I was listening to him speak… I was buffering all his songs..the mesmerizing melodies in his voice….have always left me wondering… whenever you listen to the songs like “ azhage sukhama” from the Tamil movie “ Paarthale paravasam”… “Zindagi” from “Yuvvraaj”… “Vasantham pole” from the Malayalam music album “Shalabham” ..you know what the word ‘BLESSED’ means… Happy Birthday Sir...you amaze me with every song of yours :) you are unbelievabel!!

Serenity is what is there in his voice.. and these songs top my chart by all means.. there might be better songs … best ones to come going forward… but there is some divinity tag attached to these…the very sacred ..divine.. emotion called love… mush suffocates me..guess today is an exception lol… Kahlil Gibran is one of those very very few authors whom I have read...am just reminded of these words.. ““But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.”


Some relations come without a tag attached to them.. this is for all those ..and it will stay safe with me forever…I don’t want to give a name or rather a definition and then ruin the divinity…let them be the way they are..’If it was possible to speak to the unborn..one could never explain to them how it feels to be alive..for life is washed away in the speechless real…’



The best 3…
“Vasantham pole”…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-mhntMt5x8&feature=related
“Azhage sukhama”… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPl82YtfgNo
“Zindagi”… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nIRrh121u8

“'You'll get over it...' It's the clichés that cause the trouble. To lose someone you love is to alter your life forever. You don't get over it because 'it' is the person you loved. The pain stops, there are new people, but the gap never closes. How could it? The particularness of someone who mattered enough to grieve over is not erased by anyone but death. This void in my heart is in the shape of you and no one else can fit. Why would I want them to?”

6 comments:

vimmuuu said...

Srinivas is one of the best playback singers in our country today. but I feel he is under utilised and not given enough opportunities, his voice has that magic that glues you to his songs. He is one singer who doesnt have any accent problem, be it Tamil, Hindi, Telugu or Malayalam, he creates magic with his voice.

My personal favs of Srinivas are Kayyil Mithakkum from Ratchagan(Tamil), Ey chilippi from Gharshana(Telugu), Manju pole from Dosth (Malayalam) and Kaisi hai yeh from Dil Chahta hain (Hindi).

You are simply lucky to have spoken to him; stay blessed.

vimmuuu said...

Btw, you have been tagged :

http://vimalsparadise.blogspot.com/2008/11/quirky-me.html

prasanth Gulfu said...

Did you know Srinivas sang 'E Ajnabi'(Dilse) first and was replaced with udit narayan later. Venus which had the audio right feared audio of dilse wont do good due to lack of usual Hindi playback singers...
'E Ajnabi' is the kind of song which suits Srinivas. realmis for all music lovers…

Anonymous said...

sangeeta.....who wrote that last para? Im stealing it..
I can relate perfectly to each word of it!!

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

Vims... thanks for the tag..and yes the songs mentioned are in my list too :) no wonder I am ur copy cat!!! lolzzz

Web Guru.. aap mahan ho :) I didnt know this 'Dilse' twist..thank youuuuuuuu as always...

Indus now you have the whole of it :) we will start excahnging quotes I guess :) much luvvvv

R Niranjan Das said...

its his voice that gives serenity to his songs...amazing voice...