Friday, June 26, 2009

Longing…!!!!!

To long for something… its an amazing feeling… you never get tired of doing that..I have loved this too.. have always been fond of the silence of night.. the longing it brings along.. the hopes and dreams of a new sunrise that is covered in its unknown depths…where you set your mind at ease and let it flow…

Sometimes I feel that we are all prisoners in the glass house of dreams.. from where can see sunrises and sunsets and you live in the hope of being able to get into the world outside where you have always wanted to be…I have always wished for hope to be like stars.. the darker the night..the brighter they shine..and that you should live your life to the fullest that in the end..when it’s the sunset of your life…there will be nothing left for the inevitable to steal from you..

We should keep this spark alive.. the longing to live.. to smile..to love..to be loved..One song that has been haunting me…and which is so profound in its lyrics is ‘Shauk he’ from the movie ‘Guru’. It was used as Meenu’s (Vidya Balan’s)theme music in the movie and undoubtedly remains my favourite track from the album. Kudos to Soumya Rao, the exceptionally talented singer for her exceptionally brilliant singing!!! You are just fabulous..stay blessed!Gulzar sahib’s lyrics is divine it has that heavenly touch as ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeOTYd2mSaE&feature

We are all here to ‘live’..not just to ‘exist’..Like Ayn Rand once said.. “Do not let the spark in your soul perish..in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach..The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is possible, it is real..its yours….” Instead of thinking about what we are missing let’s think about what we have that others are missing...life becomes much more pleasant that way..you feel blessed

Let's long for that spark..the spark of a dream in our lives..a new hope and a new sunrise..and when todays’ sun has set to sleep in the silence of another night..let me long to keep that spark of my dream alive..and close my eyes listening to the soulful song of my hope.... I long for!!!!

“Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly ..to be fearful of the night…”


10 comments:

the stygian sailor said...

nice blog!

R Niranjan Das said...

The longing to do something, get something is the very reason why every single soul exists in this world...it makes you take each step forward towards that achievement... its a nice feeling as long as watever we longed for happens..

enjoy those lovely moments of life, sangeetha..God Bless..!!

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

@Sailor

Thanks :) for dropping in

@Raj

Thanks yet again... for reading all my loud thinking :)

Unknown said...

beautiful song :)

let not the dreams be glass cages, but clouds that lift you above the mundane towards the stars :)

sangeeta said...

The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is possible, it is real..its yours….”

so very true...loved the post...loved vl be too less a word to say actually....and the so called " H factor HOPE " (my recent post ) i believe tats wat keep us through during our bad times...and the song .....oh mine mine..speechless..

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

@ Jai

Thanks Jai :)

@Chakku

Trust me kutta... it really exists.. just that we might take a little longer to get there... but we will sooner or later... but we certainly will.. luv.. chechi

sangeeta said...

am re- reading it..again and again...guess am longing for someting very badly :)

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

@Chakku

Keep longing for it Chakkusee...as I said that 'someday' will be yours soon..huggggg

Sugandha Gupta said...

interesting blog :)

Anonymous said...

glowing thoughts for a gloomy night! reminds me of a poster on the walls of my doctor's clinic...

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today"
a message that always gave me renewed hope that I may never have to see the doc again...lol

you might wanna hop on the moonshine blog sometime...yawning, snoozing and snoring are definitive symptoms found among all my readers :D