Monday, March 23, 2009

Let there be rain!!!!

When you close your eyes and listen….drops of rain do speak volumes. I have always been madly in love with rain… It just feels awesome how it washes the dust of everyday life and how it breathes new life in to everything and everyone. It freshens up your spirit and the rain drops seem to play a sweet refrain. It paints a lot of amazing pictures in your mind…

It is no surprise to me that hardly anyone tells the truth about how they feel. But there is an element of surprise to it…..like summer rains… It is a beautiful creation. Kind of brings out the mystery in you and me. Some songs and some people are like summer rain. They come into your life when you least expect them.

Like Tagore once said….“That I exist is a perpetual surprise which is life…”And I always have felt that the best things in life are always unexpected… for almost all the best things that came into my life were unexpected. And I believe that you will truly understand the essence of life when you allow the unexpected to happen…

This one song will fall into your life like those first few drops of rain.. The Tamil movie “May Maadham” was well made and all the songs were much talked about. But of all, “Yenmel Vizhunda” stands out just because of the very freshness it brings along with it and the very same volumes it speaks through the magnificent lyrics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdFAbPbgHmY

“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops… I am no Poet here; my pen's the spout where the rain water of my eyes run out.”


8 comments:

Sachi said...

You are right... the very smell of earth after th first showers... tht ll take you to a nostalgic horizon. As the tamil poet vairamuthu wrote... "Mazhayayi intha man, vasanai anuppi varavelkkiratho?!" (Is the earth welcoming the rains by sending fragrances!!) awesome lle???

Let there be rain... rain and rain .. through out....

Anonymous said...

Aaaah...rain....be it ummer or winter or spring or whtever...rain's got th special thing about it...sets everything right in life :)

Rainy post! Loved it!

Wish your 'summer rain' the best!

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

@ Sachi

That was such an amazing line...yes :) let it rain always..

@Priya

I agress..It just has that rejuvenating effect... Take care...

Nary said...

Rain has always been the closest companion.. it arrived when my life blossomed.. and left an everlasting feeling of serenity.. and this feeling lingers through out the journey of life experiences.. and it always stands by me coz its my companion of instinctive retreat, in whose arms i lay like a child which nestles for the ultimate comfort..

Lovely post by you.. :) made me reconnect to the serenity..

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

@ Naren

Thanks a trillion :) feels great to know that it kinda helped you reconnect...

Stay blessed!

Anonymous said...

I am no Poet here; my pen's the spout where the rain water of my eyes run out.” - awesome
rain always has a lovely corner in everyone's heart i guess..

sandee said...

I was just planning to put some stuff on the past rains, when I saw this post... Good one.... Now I need to delay my post :-)

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

@ Sandeep

Why delay your post :) just keep writing..every new perspective has something new to tell the world.. :)stay blessed :)

@ Verbivorehere

Rains is serene, divine and all that :)