Monday, March 9, 2009

One day for being ‘HER’!!!!!!!!!

It was only when one of my friends messaged me HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY did I realize that one Sunday when I was practically doing nothing but just diving deep into songs and a lot more of it was actually ‘one’ day to celebrate womanhood. The realization sunk in with many more messages..newspapers writing about so many of them..famous..not so famous..and a whole bunch out there who suddenly are glorified Ok..let me not sound like a feminist and say why only one day and all that..lol

The intention behind this post is simple..It is very very personal and just could not help writing it. ..lol..Just wanted to tell three wonderful women I know that they are way too special in a million unique ways. Rachi aka my angel from heaven, Tintu aka my VH1 and F.R.I.E.N.D.S freak, Sonia aka my best bully, confidant and my confession box. So.. my Women’s day eve was with them and was just very special.. (and am still smiling…)

Angels do exist. My angel has no wings but yes I doubt there is a hallow somewhere. “When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they spread in our hearts…” someone coined it right. I can feel it too..Rachi.. you are a wonderful sis. an amazing daughter and just the BEST wifey… an all rounder.. I look up to you for all that you are (but I still envy your eyes…lol) “For there is no friend like a sister, in calm or stormy weather, to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands…” and this is just you… love you so very much

Sipping my boring cappuccino (thanks to my messed up throat..sighhhh) and talking about almost everything under the sun, time and again I get reminded of the fact that these guys are just amazing. The best roomies I have ever had. Tintu and Sonia. I still wonder with my eyes wide open..what do we talk so much every day till 1.. 2 in the morning as though there is no tomorrow??!!! Well not of course about Women empowerment, but ya about the small little things that make our rented house a home and have given it a soul. Wishing you both nothing but the BEST …in whatever you do..where ever you go. “Even though we're changing and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends..”

This one goes out for you three and for all the wonderful women in the world…for all those who can dream that there is no such place called as far away.. ( all men please excuse..let me be a little biased here..lol) Directed by my Idol Maniratnam, this Tamil movie “Kannathil Muthamittal” was unbelievably amazing with its amazing story line and the wonderful aspects of womanhood that it had touched. Again , none other than the legend with his ‘Rahmania’ amazed millions with the album that still remains a favourite. Chinmayi you are my adorable darling and will remain so no matter how many singers will come..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKh4lsR5vIo&feature

PS: My favourite butterfly..Indu…this one for you too…much love

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I will look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and follow them where they lead."

7 comments:

Unknown said...

nice

Anonymous said...

hiya happy women's day to you too..
kannathil muthamittaal songs are my fav

Anonymous said...

I'm trying hard to post a comment here, and I'm getting stuck... Blogger.com isn't allowing me to comment here! I want revenge! :D

As I was trying to say, i realized it was women's day only after you told me... And I get a message from Vodafone wishing me a happy women's day! Jesus! :D

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

hehehehhehe..cracked :) that was awesome...hi fi...serenity beckoning

Sangeetha Janachandran said...

Thanks to you my favourite butterfly..big hug

R Niranjan Das said...

its a write up whr its written.." ONLY FEMALES ALLOWED"...

but still stepping in to say happy womens day..even though its a bit late..

Unknown said...

hey u... does your mood effect your blogs.. i felt so..